Pay Zakat-al-Fitra and Kaffara
Zakat-alFitra: £6 per person
Fidya: £2 per day
Kaffara: £120 per day
Alternatively you can pay with account payment
Sort Code: 60-06-25
Account Number: 32676174
Account holder: Islamic Centre of England
Please write one of the following as your payment reference:
Fedyah is a money that must be paid by the six types of people who will be mentioned here. These people are allowed to break their fast, but for each day they have to give at least 750 grams of wheat or something from their daily food, such as rice, to the poor, or give them the equivalent amount of money to prepare food for themselves.
Those who do not have access to the poor must pay through a trusted person or institution that has access to the poor. Representatives of Maraji Taqleed in the UK have set the Fetreyah for the residents of the UK to be a minimum of £6 and the Fedyah to be at least £2.
- Since the usage if Fidayah and Kaffarah is same, for paying Fidyah ONLINE please use the Kaffarah button.
Those who fail to fast during the holy month of Ramadan for the mentioned reasons are required to pay Fetreyah:
1) A pregnant woman who is about to give birth and there is a possibility of harm to her baby.
2) A breastfeeding woman whose milking ability would be reduced and there is a risk for her child.
3) Old men and women for whom fasting is hard and difficult.
4) A person who did not fast during the previous Ramadan due to illness and his illness has continued until the current Ramadan.
5) A person who has not done his qadha since the month of Ramadan last year and has not performed its qadha until the month of Ramadan this year without a religious excuse.
6) Someone who has a disease that makes him very thirsty and cannot tolerate thirst. (It is difficult for him or her to bear thirst.)
About Recompense (Kaffarah) for Breaking the Fast Intentionally:
The Recompense (kaffārah) for breaking a fast (ifṭār) unlawfully in the month of Ramadan WITH A HALAL CAUSE is that the person must fast for two months in accordance with the instructions that is mentioned in the jurisprudential books of the Maraji Taqleed, or feed sixty poor people (fuqarāʾ).
However, if this happens with A HARAM CAUSE, then one must fulfil both recompenses (Kaffarah Jam’).
Those who want the Islamic Centre of England to spend their Kaffarah for the needy people, must pay at least £120 per day.
Note: Since the usage of Fedyah and Kaffarah is same, for paying Fidyah please use the Kaffarah button.
- The time for paying Fitreyah is from the Maghrib of the night of Eid al-Fitr until before the Eid al-Fitr prayer. Those who want to pay earlier can give it to the poor person as a loan so that he or she would spend it for himself or herself on the night or day of Eid on behalf of the donator.
- The Islamic Centre of England also can accept the Fetreyah from the believers in advance as a loan or after Eid to donate it in the right time on their behalf.
- In case of paying online, the believers must mention the reference to be Sadat Fetreyah if they are Sadat and Non-Sadat if they are not Sadat. Similarly if they wish to bring their Fitreyah to the centre in cash, they may put the money in an envelope and write such reference (Sadat Fitreyah, or Non-Sadat Fitreyah) on the envelope.